We Bring Efficiency And Order To Estate And Probate Administration
For many individuals, their first exposure to the issues surrounding estate and probate administration takes place when they learn they are the executor of a will or estate.
When their loved one dies, the executor or administrator does not know where to start the estate or probate process.
If the estate has any degree of complexity, the executor’s responsibilities can be complicated, time-consuming and filled with potential problems. The task is made even more difficult if the executor does not live in the same area as the decedent.
Fortunately, there is a solution.
At the Sawyer Law Firm PLLC in Fort Worth, Texas, our attorneys routinely assist with the administration of estate and probate matters. We know Texas law and we know what needs to be done.
The result is a timely, orderly distribution of the decedent’s assets, and less stress for the executor and beneficiaries.
Our Estate And Probate Administration Services
At the Sawyer Law Firm PLLC, we help executors and administrators fulfill all of their duties. Our lawyers can:
- Provide all statutory notices to creditors, beneficiaries and charities
- Fully inform and advise executors and administrators in regard to the fiduciary duties they owe the beneficiaries of estate, and certain safeguards they should establish to fulfill such duties
- Prepare and file estate tax returns, including election of marital deduction, special use valuation and valuation discounts
- Sell real property out of the estate
- Prepare and file estate income tax returns or any accountings the court requires
- Distribute the assets
- Probate litigation, working to resolve disputes and claims against the estate
Our probate attorneys also handle administration of trusts. This can include ensuring that all trusts are properly executed and funded, appointment of successor trustees and the preparation and filing of trust tax returns.