How We Represent Clients In Estate Litigation
When an individual has died, disputes surrounding the decedent’s estate and assets are not uncommon. At Sawyer Law Firm PLLC in Fort Worth, Texas, our attorneys are well-versed in probate and estate litigation. We have decades of experience representing estates, beneficiaries and heirs.
Our lawyers’ in-depth knowledge of estate planning and estate and probate administration is crucial in this type of litigation. We understand the urgency that can be involved with estate litigation. With our skill and knowledge, we are able to act swiftly to protect our clients’ interests.
Types Of Disputes
Estate litigation can include:
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Legal questions regarding undue influence on the decedent, coercion or the testamentary capacity of the decedent
- Removal of executors for alleged breach of fiduciary duty
- Will construction cases
- Whether assets are community property
- Valuation issues for assets in a bequest or trust
- Questions concerning a person’s status as an heir
- Contested guardianship
- The administration of family trusts
Did The Decedent Have Legal Capacity?
A common issue that arises in estate litigation is whether the decedent had the capacity to write a will. These disputes focus on whether the individual understood the consequences of making the will, at the time the will was created.
For example, challenges can be based on whether the individual was under the influence of a substance or suffering from senility, dementia or insanity.
We Know Texas And Tarrant County
At Sawyer Law Firm PLLC, we represent clients involving will contests, trusts and guardianships anywhere in Texas.
We are especially familiar with Tarrant County’s reliance on mediation in contested probate matters. Our ability to narrow the issues in dispute can save our clients considerable time and expense in mediation proceedings.